Dear Mom and Dad,
I'm allowed to call home from the Mission Home next week. Could I call Monday night my time? I'll still be able to e-mail on Monday, and would love an e-mail on Monday, so just tell me then.
-Here's my schedule: Sunday at about 10:45 AM the senior couples here will take me after church to the port, where I'll catch a 12:30 boat to the mainland by myself. I have to be at the Mission Home at 3:30, and we'll watch the broadcast you saw at 5:00. We'll have dinner at the mission home and just relax. Monday we have a career workshop, and final FHE at the mission home. Tuesday at 8:00 AM we get on a bus going to Manila, and go to the temple, check in later that night to a hotel next to the airport. Wednesday morning, we're off
-The Bishop from Alaminos Ward straight up asked me for my Jordans, and I think I'm going to give it to him.
-I got letters from Briana and Ari's graduation announcement! Thanks so much!!When I opened Ari’s grad announcement, some Elders were looking over my shoulder...let's just say they think my ‘sister’ is pretty cute. (Ari is Alex’s life long friend, and since neither have siblings, they claimed each other as siblings)
I feel awful I forgot to say this last week.-…..Happy Father's day!!! Dad I love you so much!! Thanks so much for being the best dad ever. It was a busy week! We went up to a great Zone Conference, which ate up a ton of time! We worked incredibly hard this week and were incredibly blessed. We've been struggling to get back to see Rosie because of her schedule, but we made contact with her yesterday, we just need to find a good time. However, Ramon is progressing great! We set really high goals this week. We wanted to have 8 investigators at church, double what we've ever had. We really worked as hard as we could all week. When I woke up Sunday morning, I just felt good. I wasn't worried that our investigators wouldn’t come. I knew we had done our best, and come what may. We went to pick up one of our investigators, and he couldn't come. We then went to Ramon, and he wasn't close to being ready, but told us to go ahead and he would come. When we got there, there were the four investigators who come every week, three of them will be baptized in about two weeks. I was a little disappointed that the other investigators weren’t there but I still was peaceful. I said a quick prayer, and asked God to help those we've been teaching come to church.
Then Ramon came! Then another investigator came. Slowly but surely some more investigators trickled in...until by the end of sacrament meeting we had 11 investigators at church. We were absolutley blown away! Our total attendance was 31, 8 more than we've ever had! We had a family come to church that we've only taught once and they absolutely loved it! Mother, father, and three really cute crazy kids!
Words cannot describe how much we've been blessed here in Socorro. Look how far we've come in just 4 weeks! We've gone from 4 members our first Sunday, to 31. I think we're just beginning to see what the future holds for this great group. I've really come to love these people, and I started to tear up the other night when I thought about the prospect of leaving these people in about a week. I know that God loves us, and I've especially felt that in these last weeks of my mission, he has been even more mindful of me and I have seen his love and his blessings in the work here. I have a feeling this week will be the best week of my mission.
31 Knots (Ask Grandfather) (that's nautical Knots ! )
Love,
Elder Yost
No comments:
Post a Comment