Dear Mom and Dad,
-Please wish Elder Tenny a happy birthday!
-I got an e-mail from Tyler Eyre on his new iPhone 5.....oooooooo
It is election season in the Philippines! The elections here are on May 13th, and things are starting to heat up. Campaigning here is a bit different here than in the states. In America people get fed up with the mud slinging, whereas here people get fed up because campaigning here is just obnoxious! Candidates get cars and put big stereos on them, tape posters to the car, and drive around all day playing the most loud annoying music! I've got to get pictures of some of this stuff because it's just funny!
After making a lot of phone calls I got an appointment scheduled for tomorrow for little Marinel to get her surgery (Cleft Lip and Palate) at the Mabuhay Foundation! She and her mother are going up to Quezon City tomorrow morning to get the procedure done. So happy for this sweet little girl.
As for things here things are good. We're starting to get closer to transfer day already and because there are so many new missionaries we're getting the new apartments all ready to go. That's going to mean making a lot of trips delivering things to the apartments.
In terms of our work, things went better this week but work is stil hard. T.S. has been gone for over a month in Nueva Ecija, and won't be back for a few more weeks. His wife told us that he took his white shirt, tie, shoes, and Book of Mormon with him, and has been reading and going to church every week! I was so happy and relieved to hear this! I still miss him and am so excited for him to come back in a few weeks.
Sorry this is so short, it's been a very busy day! I love you all, until next week!
Love,
Elder Yost
No comments:
Post a Comment