Another week down! They're really starting to fly by! Just a few notes:
The picture you sent looks good for my missionary plaque, and the scripture I would like to use is Alma 26:11-12
11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
It's been an interesting week. Elder Tenny was made zone leader! He'll be awesome! And then my District Leader was made the other Zone Leader with Elder Tenny. I've been praying for strength. Just this week in general I was struggling with some things. I was so excited to go to the Temple today, and was really looking forward to the feeling of peace and love that I get in the Temple. One really tough thing about the mission field is you don't have a phone to just call home and say, "I've got this problem...what should I do?" The medium we do have to communicate with our father is not as simple as picking up a phone and dialing a number. We need to have the spirit to be able to put that call through and be able to hear clearly from the other end. Many a time this is easier said than done because often when we really need that communication, it's because there's a bad connection solely coming from our end. It's up to us to do the things that we need to do to fix it!
Every week I've started having a PPI(Personal Priesthood Interview) of sorts with the Savior in the Temple. It's so good for me because I'm able to track how I'm doing, and how I need to improve. It's amazing to me that during his earthly ministry how the Savior was able to correct with firmness, yet show so much love. There's a scripture in D&C 121:43 that says something about when you correct someone then show an increase in love afterwards. So I was sitting there and asking, what do I need to do? I'm stubborn by nature, and am usually pretty opinionated. I wonder if I am coming off too hard to others? I've made a commitment to not talk about politics and I've done a pretty good job of that. There was a time this week when another Elder and I had a disagreement. I was pretty firm with this Elder, and didn't say anything mean, but probably could have been kinder about the way I did it. I'm thinking about this experience and as I sat there in the Temple, I felt like the Savior was directly teaching me what I needed to do. As I sat there I thought, the Savior was crucified for the sins of the world. He was killed by the very people he had blessed for thousands of years, providing them with prophets, manna, miracles, and countless other things. He was spit upon, tortured and killed in the most humiliating and painful way the world knew. His apostles, special witnesses of his divinity forsook him. And all the while, he shouldered the burden. He kept on putting one foot in front of the other. He suffered for the very sins of those crucifying him. Wow. He did all this with love in his heart, without malice. He did all this, and I'm complaining about my situation?
Elder David A. Bednar said "Knowing that through the Savior's Atonement, one is not only cleansed from sin, but one can receive strength to do very hard things." I love this so much. Jesus Christ did the hardest thing that has ever been done on the face of the Earth. He did so with no selfish motive, or reward for him. He gave all the glory to his Father. Every day it becomes more and more apparent to me how truly divine and perfect he was. I try to be like Him every day and in everything that I do, yet, I always fall short. However, each time, I climb a little higher. I'm so grateful for the Savior. In and only through him are we able to be saved through his Atonement.
Last Saturday night we had a workshop on the Atonement. We took real profiles of people who are not members, and tried to apply teaching them the Atonement. There is not a person on this planet that does not need Jesus Christ. Everyone from President Monson to the vilest of people needs the Savior. As a missionary and representative of Jesus Christ, I bear my witness that he lives and loves us all. Through his perfect and all encompassing sacrifices, we are able to be made clean and return to his presence. He has established his Church on the earth in our day and has restored his Priesthood authority to administer his church and the ordinances thereof. I leave my testimony with you, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I love you so much!!!!!
Love,
Elder Yost
No comments:
Post a Comment